Enterprise Minister Arlene Foster didn’t declare an interest in the ‘fracking‘ process (which is supposed to find new natural gas sources) in Fermanagh despite fifty four acres of the land being in her husband’s name allegedly 🙂 .
“Resign” shouts the Green Party’s Stephen Agnew!
“No. It wasn’t my fault. I didn’t make the fracking decision (ok I’m paraphrasing, but nevertheless Foster could do with reading the handbook on ministerial responsibility??) ”
So who is to blame? Alas our all powerful enterprise committee in the Assembly will clean up the fracking mess when they question Arlene next week. Already they’re talking tough with SF’s Phil Flanagan saying…er “It’s not a witch-hunt” & the DUPs Paul Few saying the Committee should not be a forum to ‘personally attack’ the Minister. The DUP & SF maybe won’t give Arlene a rough ride then? It remains to be seen. How will the Committee perform? Will the DUP close ranks and defend ‘their Minister’? Will resignation enter Arlene’s mind? Not likely, given the backing she received from Peter Robinson over the “frack-ling” [sic] issue on BBC’s Hearts & Minds this evening.
What a fracking mess.
- DUP & SF clash…tut tut, just when Dr McDonnell was accusing you of a “carve up…like Afghan Warlords”! (jmgpolitics.wordpress.com)
- More Impressions on Fracking Report (wilderside.wordpress.com)
- Do you think hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, for natural gas should go ahead? | Poll (guardian.co.uk)
- Having a FRACKING laugh. (politics.ie)
- Clean fracking: Moving to replace chemicals (money.cnn.com)